Monday, May 12, 2008

Remembering Sichuan's Earthquake Victims

In spite of yesterday’s horrific earthquake in Sichuan I will not postpone my postings. Instead I dedicate my memories of a journey in China to the victims, to the survivors, to those who give aid and to the people of China.


Chengdu:

Della, Everybody's ok here, at present, though we had to spend last night outside for the most part, until the rain started, and tonight we're scheduled to go downstairs to the first floor apartments. No real tremors of any consequence today, though the initial one was a biggy. Lasted a MINUTE or so, which is an eternity for earthquakes. No visible local damage. Cheshire has phoned a couple of times, she went over to her mother's and they all spent the night together, outside too. I'll keep you posted, and we hope as always for the best! Allen

No comments: