Friday, July 18, 2008

Democracy's Tooth-Ache

Very strange emotions… Scant...
There is little I can do about it,
But wait for the passing of the arid cloud.

I am in disgrace today
Communications limited, or faulty
My silence misinterpreted…

The news is always bad
Bizarre feelings of doom and gloom rise
Along the rising cost of a favorite wine.

The mirror tells me I am getting old
My body’s fine in its modified role
Once it craved for sex, now I worry about my soul.

Me worry? I am not alone
The whole world is getting on
Young together only yesterday…

Then I cared and stood for peace
Now I think… what for?
Let us have it… if it’s war we need.

Need oil though it pollutes the air we breathe
Some lack food and suffer hunger
Others eat to feed obesity.

If doomsday heat is drawing near
There’s nothing we can I do about it,
To save the economy is the first commandment!

While some abhor a monarchy,
Many fear the words - communist regime -
Others go to war to enforce a democratic rule…

Democratic states today
Seem less realms of philosopher-kings
Than places where hypocrisy is well paid

I could divulge opinions on the World's Great Religions,
But let it pass
The spectacle they provide is bad enough…


Check out my web site: http://www.landscapeblues.com/

No comments: